Usually we can provide an appointment within 24 hours of contacting the clinic and often on the same day you contact us. Appointments are available from 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday.
No, you can make an appointment directly. Please remember to bring us a copy of any referral letters (if available) as well as written reports/CD’s of any xray or MRI investigations relevant to your injury.
All treatments are recognised by the major private medical insurance companies and are eligible for reimbursement of, in certain cases up to 100%, of the treatment fee. Check your own policy for level of cover, terms & conditions or contact your insurance provider.
Treatment fees are also eligible for income tax reimbursement of 20%.
You pay after each appointment & you will receive a receipt which can be used for tax or health insurance companies. Pilates courses are also eligible for this insurance & tax reimbursement.
The clinic accepts card/cash/cheque payments.
- Any documentation relevant to your injury – referral letter, Xray, DEXA scan or MRI reports/CD’s.
- List of medications
- Comfortable & loose clothing such as shorts, t-shirts and perhaps runners.
- Vertigo patients in particular are advised to organise a lift for the journey home.
Most treatments last approximately 30 minutes. Some specialist services or initial treatments may take up to 45 minutes.
Your chartered physiotherapist will
- ask you some questions regarding your general health, occupation, hobbies and specific questions relating to your symptoms and how they affect you.
- Assess your condition with a physical examination
- make a diagnosis & explain clearly
- design a treatment and exercise programme
- advise on activities of daily living & return to sport.
- liaise with other medical colleagues eg. your GP as necessary and with your permission of course
Of course. Your treatment commences during your first visit and is usually accompanied with appropriate exercises and advice to be followed between treatments.
After your first assessment, your chartered physiotherapist will be able to offer an opinion on the severity & nature of your condition and how many treatments to expect. Your progress will be assessed and monitored on each visit.
To promote patients independence and a recovery you will also receive appropriate exercises and advices to follow in between treatments. This will reduce the number of treatments required and facilitate recovery on a 24 hour basis.
There is free parking to the rear of the clinic building and also a public carpark across the road along the promenade.
The 401 bus passes the clinic with bus stops very nearby.
There are two disabled car parking spaces to the rear of the clinic and the clinic facility is wheelchair accessible with all services located at ground floor level.
There is a reduced Third level student & current medical card holder rate of €50.00 for physiotherapy treatment. Simply inform reception at the time of booking your appointment & present your student or medical card on the day of the consultation.