HOW WILL IT HELP YOU
At Baily Point Physiotherapy Clinic we love to help people to stay active. Our Golf Fit package is designed scientifically to minimise the risk of injury, improve your golf game and keep you on the golf course. If you unfortunately have already sustained an injury, it will get you fit again and back to the sport you love, with minimum time out of the game.
DO GOLF INJURIES OCCUR?
- Injuries occur in golf. Males due to their extra trunk power are a bit more susceptible to lower back problems. Females due to their flexibility are more prone to neck & upper limb injuries.
- Most upper limb injuries occur on the follow through side.
- The most common cause of injury is overuse followed by poor technique.
- Interestingly injury rate increases as skill and age increases.
- Most injuries require at least 4-5 weeks of recovery time.
- 50% of all golf injuries do not heal & become chronic. Injuries to the mid & low back and elbows are the most problematic.
- An adequate warm up is important for injury prevention.
- Early physiotherapy intervention is important for full recovery
Initial assessment (45 mins)
3 x Follow Up Visits (30 mins)
WHY IS LOWBACK PAIN SO COMMON IN GOLFERS?
Lowback pain amongst golfers has almost reached epidemic proportions. Virtually every major player such as Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Greg Norman and Nancy Lopez has missed tournaments due to low back pain. In fact professional golfers have the highest incidence of lowback compared to all other professionals athletes!. Back problems are also number one injury amongst recreational golfers. Professional golfers typically injure their spines from overuse. Recreational golfers are typically injured by poor technique & improper warm up.
What's included in the package?
Your initial assessment includes a full history of current & previous injuries as well as general health and lifestyle questions.
A full musculoskeletal screen with close physical examination of sites of previous injury.
An analysis of the individual’s swing techniques with particular emphasis on the ideal total body posture when addressing the ball. Posture assessment includes positioning of club, head, neck, shoulder, arm, hand, grip, hip, knee and feet.
A rehearsal & exercise handout on pre round warm up programme to permit peak performance from the first tee and to protect the body from injury.
A rehearsal & exercise handout on home stretching programme to improve the flexibility of the key muscles involved in the golf swing and thus improve performance.
A rehearsal & exercise handout on strengthening programme. These scientifically based exercises strengthen, improve the performance and protect from injury the important golf muscles.
Finally a biomechanical assessment of your foot posture to see if orthotics will improve your stance balance and lower limb & back alignment while you play.
HOW WILL THE GOLF FIT PACKAGE BENEFIT YOU?
- Identify & rehabilitate existing golf related injuries
- Improve your flexibility while playing
- Increase your strength & power up your game
- Protect your body from injury & improve your performance
- Rehabilitate you safely from existing injury back to golf in the minimum time.
- An unfair advantage over your golfing buddies!
”Top class service from Michael Gallagher - many times over the years has "fixed me" with sensible and practical solutions and advice, including one occasion where others had suggested more drastic actions which would have had serious implications for myself. Highly recommended!Barry O'Donoghue
”Thanks so much to Darcy for the physio this week and last. I feel fantastic!. I’ve been able to sleep pain-free and dance with my babies again!. Very very happy with the service.Ann Marie Gilmore
”Thanks to Michael and the team at Baily Point Physio. After visiting them in August with knee problems they sorted me out with orthotic insoles and an exercise routine. Since then (2months ago) I have climbed Kilimanjaro twice with no knee problems – a great result. Highly recommend them.Duncan Warner
Book An Appointment Today
You can book an appointment online or by ringing our reception.
Liz or Evelyn are always happy to help if you have any questions.